Van der Poel's Canyon Lux CF for 2021
After a year without riding a mountain bike, Mathieu Van der Poel only needed one race to win again. At the Albstadt Short Track he was able to prove to himself and to the rest that he is still at his best and he did it on a Canyon Lux customised for this season and with some very interesting details in its set-up.
Mathieu Van der Poel's Canyon Lux CF for 2021 in detail
With the frame of the Canyon Lux CF SLX, Van der Poel already knows what it's like to win Short Track, World Cups and Europeans, but for 2021 he has changed the white colour he used in 2019 for a much more striking sky blue.
Although we are sure to see some more changes to the aesthetics of his bike throughout the year and even a special version for the Olympics.
In terms of assembly, some components have changed from previous years, such as the new 2022 Fox 34 SC fork, the SRM power meter and the integrated Canyon CP008 stem and handlebar set.
Assembly and components:
- Frame: Canyon Lux CF SLX - Size L
- Fork: Fox Factory 34 SC 2022
- Shock: Fox SPD Vol
- Groupset: Shimano XTR 10-51
- Cranksets: Shimano XTR 175mm
- Power meter: SRM
- Chainring: 40t
- Pedals: Shimano XTR
- Wheels: Carbon 28mm with Shimano XTR M8110 hubs
- Tire: Maxxis Aspen 2.40 - 170 PSI
- Saddle: Selle Italia Mathieu Van der Poel Edition
- Brakes: Shimano XTR
- Brake discs: Shimano XTR Center Lock (140mm)
- Grips: ESI Grips chunky (white colour)
- Handlebar: Canyon Integrated CP008 -115m -22º and 72mm wide
What do you think of Van der Poel's new bike? We'll read you on our social networks!