The SCOTT Spark ridden by Nino Schurter to win the Les Gets World Championships
In 2022, Nino Schurter raced on a very special SCOTT Spark, customised just for him and commemorating all the titles won by the reigning World Champion. But in Les Gets he won his tenth World Championships on a brand new Spark, which, as we have learned, will go straight into the SCOTT museum.
The Spark with which Nino Schurter has won his tenth World Championship
This is not the first time we see this design in black and yellow, it was debuted by Andri Frischknecht at the Vallnord World Cup and is the main colour of the SCOTT Spark 2023 range.
But that's not the only change on Nino Schurter's Spark, as it also featured the new SRAM derailleur with no dropout that is directly attached to the frame. Here you can see in detail what we know about it so far.
SCOTT SPARK full specifications for the MTB World Championship 2022
- Frame: SCOTT SPARK RC CARBON HMX SL CUSTOM
- Fork: ROCKSHOX SID ULTIMATE RD3 AIR/ BLACKBOX RACE DAY DAMPER 3 MODE, 120MM TRAVEL, 44MM OFFSET
- Rear shock: ROCKSHOX NUDE 5 RLC3 TRUNNION
- Remote control: SCOTT TWINLOC 2 TECHNOLOGY, 3 SUSPENSION MODES
- Handlebar: SYNCROS FRASER IC SL WC / -40° / 90MM / 700MM
- Saddle: SYNCROS TOFINO REGULAR SL CHANNEL
- Grips: FOAM SYNCROS
- Pedals: HT COMPONENTS M2
- Rear derailleur: Prototype SRAM EAGLE AXS/ 12SPEED
- Shifter: SRAM XX1 EAGLE AXS
- Crankset: SRAM XX1 EAGLE DUB WITH BLACKBOX POWER METER, 175 MM / 36T CHAIN
- Chain: Prototype SRAM EAGLE
- Cassette: Prototype SRAM EAGLE
- Brakes: SRAM LEVEL ULTIMATE
- Wheels: SYNCROS SILVERTON 1.0 -30MM, 29"
- Tyres: MAXXIS ASPEN 29x2.40WT 170TPI EXO/TR
- Bottle cage: TOPEAK SHUTTLE CAGE CARBON
- GPS: GARMIN EDGE 530