Van der Poel confirms his presence at the Benidorm World Cup and announces his official 2022-23 CX calendar
Alpecin-Deceuninck has just announced Mathieu van der Poel's 2022-23 cyclo-cross calendar. He will start next weekend at the World Cup in Hulst, Netherlands, and it is confirmed that he will be in Benidorm on January 22nd.
Mathieu van der Poel's 2022-23 CX Calendar
Last season, Van der Poel was only able to race in one competition before being forced to stop due to a back injury, but this year the Dutchman is expected to be back in the fight for victory alongside Britain's Tom Pidcock and Belgian duo Wout van Aert and Eli Iserbyt. After a long wait, his team, Alpecin-Deceuninck, has just announced the Dutchman's calendar, although what he will do on the last weekend before the World Championships has yet to be confirmed.
- Hulst World Cup: November 27th
- Boom Superprestige: December 3rd
- Antwerp World Cup: December 4th
- Val di Sole World Cup: December 17th
- Mol's Exact Cross: December 23rd
- Gavere World Cup: December 26th
- Zolder Supersprestige: December 27th
- Diegem Superprestige: December 28th
- Loenhout Azencross: December 30th
- Herentals X20 Trofee: January 3rd
- Koksijde X20 Trofee: January 5th
- Zonhoven World Cup: January 8th
- Benidorm World Cup: January 22nd
- Hoogerheide World Championship: February 5th
He will participate in a total of six World Cup races, including the Benidorm event on January 22nd. The Spanish event could have a top-level premiere if, after Van Aert has included it in his calendar, Pidcock also confirms his presence.