A Cannondale Scalpel with Lefty rainbow and lightweight
The new Cannondale Scalpel 2021 is one of the lightest full-suspension mountain bikes available today thanks to a redesigned frame and the inclusion of the innovative FlexPivot system in its pods, but for some people the standard assemblies are not enough and they prefer to create their dream bike à la carte. This is the case of this Scalpel with a unique finish and weight.
Cannondale Scalpel 2020 with Lefty Ocho "rainbow" and only 9.2kg
This special mountain bike has been chosen as the bike of the week by Trickstuff, a German workshop that is a specialist in customizing all types of bikes and sells components modified by them to reduce the weight of their assemblies to unknown limits.
In this case in addition to choosing a special assembly with which they have managed to leave the Scalpel in 9.2kg (500g less than its standard equivalent with non-electronic group) they have customized the Lefty Ocho fork giving it the same rainbow finish that SRAM uses in its Eagle XX1 group.
Cannondale Scalpel 2020 by Trickstuff and FatCreations
- Frame: Cannondale Scalpel HiMod 2021 Size M
- Fork: Lefty Ocho Carbon customized by FatCreations UK
- Damper: Dt Swiss R232 ONE
- Brakes: Trickstuff Piccola, UL 180/160 discs
- Handlebar: Bike Ahead The Flatbar 10
- Stem: Intend Grace XC 77mm, -7deg
- Seat post: Bike Ahead The Straight 31.6 400mm
- Seat clamp: Intend Corona
- Saddle: Fabric Line Pro
- Handles: Joystick Emulator
- Wheels: Bike Ahead The Rim SL24, Tune Prince/Princess Skyline, Sapim CX Ray
- Tyres: Continental Cross/Race King RaceSport Bernstein Edition.
- Crank: SRAM Eagle XX1 BB30, 34t
- Rear derailleur: SRAM Eagle XX1
- Gearshifter: SRAM Eagle X01
- Cassette: SRAM Eagle XX1 Rainbow
- Chain: SRAM Eagle 12s
- Pedals: Crank Brothers Eggbeater 1
- Tool: Fabric 8 in 1
- Bottle Holder: Carbono Cannondale
- Weight: 9,250 kg
We have seen on other occasions assemblies whose main purpose was to reduce the weight of a mountain bike to ridiculous figures but in return the bike lost all its functionality as its resistance was drastically reduced. In this case we can say that this Scalpel would be ready to compete in all guarantees and would certainly be the lightest on the starting line, among all the full suspension bikes.