Scott Scale 940: elite performance at a contained price
A very recurrent question we often have to face is: which mountain bike would you recommend me to buy? Obviously it is not easy to answer and it depends on many personal and particular variables. But we can confirm that the Scott Scale 940 is usually in the majority of our answers. For performance and price this mountain bike is perfect for all those who enjoy the XC and XCM and don't want to give up anything.
Scott Scale 940, a hit on the target
The presentation card of the Scale model is overwhelming and is that it is surely the hardtailed mountain bike with the most World Cup victories since its current version was introduced. Nino Schurter has had a lot to do with this. A very light and stiff bike but praised for the comfort it offers thanks to its construction and advanced geometry.
World Champion and World Cup winner Kate Courtney herself has said that the comfort of the rear triangle allows her to save energy on both uphills and downhills.
Among the key points of the Scott Scale 940's frame we can highlight above all its lightness. Made of HMF carbon, the 940 frame stops the scale at 1139g, partly thanks to Scott's own Evo-Lap technology. With it the surface is optimized during the construction to reduce the material used without compromising the stiffness of the whole.
The comfort of the Scale 940, which the brand claims is 47% more comfortable than its previous version, lies in its SDS2 technology, which provides a specific design in the new Scale frame to have controlled flexion in the parts of the frame that improve the cyclist's comfort and guarantee optimum absorption of vibrations, not only in the saddle but also in the climbing position on the pedals.
A very balanced assembly, the key of the Scale 940
In our opinion, the real secret of the success of the Scott Scale 940 is to combine a top-of-the-range frame with a very accurate assembly that will allow us both to face any rally or stage race and to improve our performance without the bike setting a limit.
Scott Scale 940 Specifications
- Frame: Scott Scale 3 Carbon HMF
- Fork: RockShox Judy Silver TK Solo Air 100mm
- Remote system: SCOTT RideLoc
- Rear derailleur: SRAM NX / Eagle 12 Speed
- Shifters: SRAM SX Eagle Trigger
- Crankset: SRAM SX Eagle DUB Boost 32T
- BB-Set: SRAM DUB PF integrated / shell 41x92mm
- Chain: SRAM CN SX Eagle
- Cassette: SRAM SX-PG1210 / 11-50 T
- Brakes: Shimano MT200 Disc
- Handlebar: Syncros Alloy 6061 T shape Flat / 9° / 740mm Syncros Pro lock-on grips
- H'Stem: Syncros FL2.0 6° Alloy 31.8mm
- Seatpost: Syncros / 31.6x400mm
- Saddle: Syncros Belcarra Regular 2.5
- Hubs: Formula CL-811 / 15x110mm front / Formula CL-3248 / Boost 12x148mm rear
- Rims: Syncros X-25 / 32H / 25mm with Schwalbe Rapid Rob 29x2.25" tyres / Active line front and rear
- Weight:12,4 kg
- Price: 1.749€
Scott Scale 940