The first UCI Mountain Bike World Series Festival arrives: 10 days of World Cup
The French region of Haute Savoie will host the first Mountain Bike World Series Festival from September 7 to 17. The event is part of the novelties that the UCI introduced this season to restructure the World Cup; ten intense days of competition that will bring together 20 races in the modalities of XCM, XCO, XCC, DH and Enduro.
Haute-Savoie as the world epicenter of Mountain Bike: ten days for five World Cups
For this season, the UCI devised a facelift for the World Cup that served to unite all of MTB under the umbrella of the UCI Mountain Bike World Series. We are already in the second part of the season and the calendar shows that in just three days we will have an appointment with one of the most important and special moments of the year.
For the first time the UCI Mountain Bike World Series Festival will be held: an event that will concentrate in ten days and in the same area the World Cups of the most important MTB modalities. In total there will be 20 races of the five disciplines integrated in the Mountain Bike World Series.
The alpine forests of the Haute-Savoie will host this Festival, although if we refine a little more we will see that it will take place in Chatel -Enduro-, Les Gets -DH, XXC, XCO- and Morzine-Avoriaz -XCM-.
Beyond the competition, the event also includes other activities -rides, autograph sessions, movie nights- to further entertain the fans, who will also be able to participate in an XCM and an Enduro race.
Mountain Bike World Series Festival Calendar
Thursday, September 7th
- 15:45-16:00 World Cup Downhill Junior Women's Qualification
- 16:00-17:00 World Cup Downhill Junior Men's Qualification
- 17:30-17:52 Short Track U23 Women's World Cup
- 18:15-18:37 Short Track U23 Men's World Cup
Friday, September 8th
- 12:45-13:00 World Cup Downhill Junior Women's Final
- 13:15-13:45 World Cup Downhill Junior Men's Final
- 14:00-14:40 World Cup Downhill Women's Elite Qualification
- 14:40-15:15 World Cup Downhill Men's Elite Qualification
- 18:15-18:45 Short Track Elite Women's World Cup
- 19:00-19:30 Short Track Elite Men's World Cup
Saturday, September 9th
- 10:45-12:30 Downhill World Cup Semifinals
- 13:00-15:30 Downhill Final Elite World Cup
Sunday, September 10th
- 8:00-12:45 U23 XCO World Cup
- 13:00-17:30 Elite World Cup
Saturday, September 16th
- 8:00 XCM World Cup
Sunday, September 17th
- 9:00-17:30 Enduro World Cup
Haute Savoie is one of the best known destinations to enjoy cycling, as well as being a regular venue for the World Cup with six appearances and hosting the World Championships twice.